Now that I've completed the 60 day Insanity program, it's time to map out my workout plan for the next month or so. Thus far, I have all of next week planned out. Beyond that... let's just see what happens.
Since I'm basically happy with my weight and mostly want to get my abs right, my plan of action is to pick up my kettlebells again as well as create a seperate program, just for my abs.
I love kettlebells because they do a lot for your body, in a small amount of time. Every move you do with a kettlebell forces you to use your stabilizer muscles, making the workouts extremeley effective. As for my abs, the latest issue of Fitness magazine has a plan that I want to try out. If I combine strength with running and abdominal conditioning I should be abe to get right in the next month or so.
I miss running, so I'm going to take that up again next week. It's been awhile so I'm going to start with five miles a week, give or take. I wish there were more hills here in Goldsboro, but at least I have a treadmill that can be inclined. The only problem with the treadmill is it's location. It's in my shed, or as I like to call it, the Blair Witch Project. It's very poorly sealed, since there's holes in the roof and the walls and it's just dusty and creepy and gross. But, in the name of physical fitness, I have to make it work. Looks like I'll be dousing it in bleach this weekend!
My tentative workout plan for next week looks something like this:
Monday: Insanity Fit Test
Tuesday: Run for 20 minutes outside and record distance. Fitness magazine ab work out
Wednesday: Kettlebell circuit and the P90X Ab-Ripper DVD
Thursday: Fitness magazine ab work out and walk/sprint intervals for 15 minutes
Friday: Kettle bell circuit and ab ripper DVD
The week after next will probably be similar, with increased running time and traditional weight lifting and/or supersets. I find it extremely difficult to plan my own work out, even though I have no issues coming up with a plan for someone else. Now that I don't have Soldiers I need to shake that mentality and get back to ME. I need my abs right faster than I can "front,back GO!"
No comments:
Post a Comment